Chester Senior Citizens: (603) 887-5034
(Wason Pond Community Center, Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM)
Contact: Louise Ross
The Chester Senior Citizens club was founded in 1976 and is now over forty years old! Please join us for Coffee Hour on Tuesdays at 9 AM at the Wason Pond Community Center, 603 Raymond Road. There is always a representative of the Chester Seniors there for new members to come and enjoy the Center! The Community Center has a reading library and a computer with high speed cable internet access for the seniors’ use. Some of their recent activities include:
- February: Valentine’s Day Breakfast at Chester Academy, hosted by the Student Council and Staff.
- March: Beauty and the Beast at Pinkerton Academy’s Stockbridge Theatre.
- April: Mystery trip to the Quabbin Reservoir followed by lunch at The Salem Cross Inn in Brookfield, MA.
- May: Lunch at Pinkerton Academy’s Astro Cafe, where the culinary students artfully prepared our luncheon and served us.
- June: Trolley tour of Wolfeboro, including lunch at the Wolfeboro Inn and a visit to the Wright Museum. A very full day!
- July: Trip to Hackmatack Playhouse in Berwick, ME, to enjoy the play On The Town, followed by lunch at the nearby Johnson’s Restaurant.
- July: Our annual picnic, graciously hosted by Chuck and Louise Ross.
- October: A return to the Astro Cafe for another artfully and beautifully presented luncheon by Pinkerton Academy’s culinary students.
- November: Breakfast at the Chester Fire Department, cooked by the Fire Department staff.
- December: Cookie Walk at Christmas In The Village and Senior’s Christmas Party.
As a reminder…the only qualification you need to meet to join the Chester Seniors is: You must be aged 55 or older, and there is no limit on the “older”!