New Resident Information

Welcome to Chester!

Residency Requirements:

To establish residency two of the following are needed showing your name and Chester address:

  •  Utility Bill – gas, electric, oil, or cable
  •  Payroll Check
  •  Employment Contract
  •  Lease/Rental Agreement (signed)
  •  Notarized Letter from Landlord
  •  Federal Tax Return
  •  NH Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy

Registration Requirements:

A person moving from out-of-state has 60 days to change their address with the State and obtain a NH Driver License (RSA 261:45 and RSA 263:35).

A person moving from one town to another within NH has 30 days to change their address by filling out the Record Change Request (RSA 263:9).

For vehicles model year 2000 or newer, please present out-of-state title. A NH title application will be created at the time of registration.

For vehicles model year 1999 and older, please present out-of-state registration, and either a title or NH VIN verification form.

Vehicles with a Lienholder- Please provide current out-of-state registration and paperwork such as bill of sale showing lienholder’s name and address, date of purchase, and odometer reading at time of purchase.

Leased Vehicles- Please provide current out-of-state registration and lease agreement.