QUICK LOOK UP A BOOK LINK:
WHEN: SATURDAY, MAY 22nd (rain date 5/23)
WHERE: CHESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY LAWN
- Paperbacks $.50! Hardcovers $1.00! DVD’s $2.00!
- Puzzles $1.00 or FREE with $5.00 purchase!
- Audios & TV Series prices as marked!
*CAN ONLY ACCEPT CASH OR CHECKS *
*NO DONATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED *
UPDATE: THE CHESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY IS OPEN!
The Chester Public Library takes the safety of its patrons and staff seriously. Physical distancing and a reduction in some services will be in place to provide a safe environment for everyone. We ask that you wear a mask while visiting and do not enter the building if you are sick or have a fever, cough, or have trouble breathing. We will have disposable masks for those that do not have one. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building. The following changes and reduction of services are part of our reopening phased plan and are as follows:
- All staff and patrons over the age of 2 will be required to wear a face covering while in the building. Those that cannot wear a face covering, can be served through our porch pickup service.
- Maximum amount of patrons allowed in the building at one time: 20
- Internet use will be by appointment only.
- We will be closing one hour earlier to allow staff to disinfect the building.
- With the colder weather approaching, all programs will now be held inside with limited attendance. Registration is mandatory to keep the numbers low. We CANNOT guarantee social distancing. Attendance is at each patron's discretion. Masks must be worn and temperatures will be taken for those attending programs, to ensure the safety of our staff and other attendees.
- We will take appointments for those with compromised immune systems.
- The Meeting Room will remained closed at this time.
- Browsing is welcomed but extended stays or gatherings is not permitted at this time. We are following a Grab ‘n Go model and ask that patrons spend no more than 30 minutes in the building at a time.
We are excited to welcome the community back to the library. We are hopeful that by following these guidelines, we can create an atmosphere that prioritizes safety while also providing access to our collection!
PORCH PICK-UP WILL CONTINUE EVEN WHEN WE ARE OPEN FOR THOSE THAT PREFER A CONTACTLESS OPTION
In order to provide this service and make it as easy as possible for our staff and our patrons, PLEASE REQUEST ORDERS THROUGH KOHA using the following procedure. We will not be taking orders over the phone or through email. There is a 5 book maximum per person.
HOW TO PLACE ITEMS ON HOLD:
- Go to our Library Catalog: https://chester.nhais.bywatersolutions.com/
- Login to your account using your library card as your “login” and CHANGEME as your password (unless you have changed it to something else)
- Go to search bar and type in title or author of item you would like to hold
- If we have the item, the record will be shown. Click on “Place Hold”
- Click “Confirm Hold”
That’s it! We will put your order together and call you for pickup. We will be preparing orders in the order they are received.
All items will have your due date marked on the bag. Our built-in wall book drop is located on the porch by our entrance.
If you are unable to login to your Koha account, please call the library at 887-3404 and we will reset your password.
Looking forward to serving you!
CPL Staff :)
The Chester Public Library Renovation is DONE! Come in and see all the beautiful changes.
WHAT WE RENOVATED:
The children's room has moved downstairs, and now has expanded space for our popular story times and numerous children's programs. The teens have their own area upstairs, with a comfortable seating area to gather with friends. A new, enlarged meeting room was added downstairs, with an exit that will allow groups to stay in the library past closing time. The new Meeting Room will offer more seating to meet the needs of the growing use of the facility. The director's office is at the entrance of the Library and the new main entrance is the area off the porch. A new book drop has beeen added at the front entrance in the wall of the building. The Circulation Desk has been redesigned to provide more room and space to process books, and perform the day to day functions of the library.
The stairway was redesigned eliminating the existing ledge and safety hazards. New carpeting and flooring was added and the interior has been painted throughout.
The purpose was to make the building more user-friendly and more efficient. We want to be able to provide a welcoming, comfortable place for the residents of Chester to bond socially and provide them with special programs that peak their interests and hobbies, where they will meet others with the same interests. We want to instill the love of reading to the children of Chester because reading stimulates their imagination and expands their understanding of the world. And we want to continue to provide vital resources, services, knowledge and technology to anyone who needs it.
The renovation plan was done by Moriah Gavrish and Dann Norris Batting. Bonnette, Page and Stone is the Contractor awarded to this project. The renovation plan reflects the library's mission - to improve and enrich the lives of patrons and to foster a love of reading.
We want to be your favorite place in town. Help us make it happen. Please read our Mission Statement and Objective to better understand our goal.
Meet the Staff
|Maryjo Siergiej||Head of Youth Services|
|Richard Haycook||Library Aide|
Meet the Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees are elected officials responsible for the government of library services and finances. This meeting is open to the public. More information about the role of the Trustees may be read in the Trustees By-Laws.
|Mary Beth Ditoro||Chair/2021|