QUICK LOOK UP A BOOK LINK:
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPOOKY? WE HAVE LOTS OF UPCOMING EVENTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
Join Paranormal Odyssey Investigations for a trip into the paranormal. The team will describe their experiences with the paranormal with selected cases and evidence. In addition to an overview, emphases will be focused on specific detailed investigations of private homes and locations such as town libraries and public buildings. Of particular interest are some of the details and findings of a recent investigation of the Chester Public Library and Stevens Hall.
The team has been featured on WMUR’s New Hampshire Chronicles and in the Seacoast Online and the Manchester NH Union Leader.
This program is free & open to the public; Registration is required by calling the library at 603-887-3404: all ages are welcome to attend.
After the presentation, there will be a question and answer session with audience members.
COME TO OUR ANNUAL HAUNTED HOUSE AND SEE YOUR FAVORITE LIBRARIANS LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THEM!
The Chester Public Library will continue Phase 4 of our Covid-19 Reopening Phased Plan. The majority of Library Services have been restored. Please note the following:
- Masks are optional.
- Larger group gatherings may be limited or restricted, however, programs for children, teens and adults may be offered in spaces within the library or outdoors. Attendees must understand and practice safe hygiene and physical distancing guidelines.
- No appointments are needed for computer use.
- We will no longer be closing one hour earlier to allow staff to disinfect the building. Our hours will go back to: Mon & Wed 3-8, Tue & Thu 10-8, Fri 1-5, Sat 10-2.
- Programs, including our weekly Storytime, will now be held inside (or outside weather permitting). Please check on our events pages, or call the library to see if the programs are being held inside or outside. Temperatures of attendees will be taken for all our indoor programming. No masks are required and social distancing is at your own discretion. Registration is mandatory for most of our events by calling us at 603-887-3404.
- Curbside pickup will remain available for those who request it.
- The Meeting Room is now opened. Please call the library at 603-887-3404 for availability.
- Browsing and extended stays are welcomed.
We are excited to welcome the community back to the library. We are hopeful that by following these guidelines, we can create an atmosphere that prioritizes safety while also providing access to our collection!
PORCH PICK-UP WILL CONTINUE FOR THOSE THAT PREFER A CONTACTLESS OPTION
In order to provide this service and make it as easy as possible for our staff and our patrons, PLEASE REQUEST ORDERS THROUGH KOHA using the following procedure. We will not be taking orders over the phone or through email. There is a 5 book maximum per person.
HOW TO PLACE ITEMS ON HOLD:
- Go to our Library Catalog: https://chester.nhais.bywatersolutions.com/
- Login to your account using your library card as your “login” and CHANGEME as your password (unless you have changed it to something else)
- Go to search bar and type in title or author of item you would like to hold
- If we have the item, the record will be shown. Click on “Place Hold”
- Click “Confirm Hold”
That’s it! We will put your order together and call you for pickup. We will be preparing orders in the order they are received.
All items will have your due date marked on the bag. Our built-in wall book drop is located on the porch by our entrance.
If you are unable to login to your Koha account, please call the library at 887-3404 and we will reset your password.
Looking forward to serving you!
CPL Staff :)
The Chester Public Library Renovation is DONE! Come in and see all the beautiful changes.
WHAT WE RENOVATED:
The children's room has moved downstairs, and now has expanded space for our popular story times and numerous children's programs. The teens have their own area upstairs, with a comfortable seating area to gather with friends. A new, enlarged meeting room was added downstairs, with an exit that will allow groups to stay in the library past closing time. The new Meeting Room will offer more seating to meet the needs of the growing use of the facility. The director's office is at the entrance of the Library and the new main entrance is the area off the porch. A new book drop has beeen added at the front entrance in the wall of the building. The Circulation Desk has been redesigned to provide more room and space to process books, and perform the day to day functions of the library.
The stairway was redesigned eliminating the existing ledge and safety hazards. New carpeting and flooring was added and the interior has been painted throughout.
The purpose was to make the building more user-friendly and more efficient. We want to be able to provide a welcoming, comfortable place for the residents of Chester to bond socially and provide them with special programs that peak their interests and hobbies, where they will meet others with the same interests. We want to instill the love of reading to the children of Chester because reading stimulates their imagination and expands their understanding of the world. And we want to continue to provide vital resources, services, knowledge and technology to anyone who needs it.
The renovation plan was done by Moriah Gavrish and Dann Norris Batting. Bonnette, Page and Stone is the Contractor awarded to this project. The renovation plan reflects the library's mission - to improve and enrich the lives of patrons and to foster a love of reading.
We want to be your favorite place in town. Help us make it happen. Please read our Mission Statement and Objective to better understand our goal.
Meet the Staff
|Maryjo Siergiej||Head of Youth Services|
|Richard Haycook||Library Aide|
|Cindy Landau, Cindy Messina, Patty Stuart||Subs|
Meet the Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees are elected officials responsible for the government of library services and finances. This meeting is open to the public. More information about the role of the Trustees may be read in the Trustees By-Laws.
|Mary Beth Ditoro||Chair/2024|