Town Clerk / Tax Collector
Sign up for email notifications for our office and "like" our page on Facebook (Chester NH Town Clerk's Page) for important updates.
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office is a combined office run by an elected Town Clerk/Tax Collector and an appointed Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector. The responsibilities for this office are as follows:
- Administration of elections and oaths of office.
- Accept voter registration form requests.
- Processes dog licenses.
- Maintains vital records.
- Issues marriage/civil union licenses.
- Processes Department of Environmental Services wetlands applications.
- Custodian of all Town records.
- Serves as a Municipal Agent for the State, issuing vehicle registrations, boat registrations, title applications, plates, and decals.
- Collects property taxes, as well as timber tax, current use change tax, and excavation tax as directed by the Board of Selectmen through tax warrants.
Please explore our webpage for more information on the topics listed above. If you have any questions please reach out either by phone or email.
New General Email Address: email@example.com
|Justine Celentano||Town Clerk/Tax Collector||(603) 887-3636 x108|
|Barbara Cannon||Deputy Town Clerk||(603) 887-3636 x118|
|Steven M. Couture||Selectmen's Liaison 23-24|