There are several ways to renew your registration:
- in person at the Town Clerk's office - must present your Driver’s License for all in person DMV transactions per State RSA
- must provide the previous registration, per RSA 261:148, or
- the mail-in renewal notice sent to you by this office
- by mail- please include with your payment the renewal notice or plate numbers to reference with a self addressed / stamped envelope
- through the drop-box outside Town Hall's front doors - include all the information needed for 'by mail' above
- online through our website- click here *Please note additional fees may apply to renew online and a 2.79% (or a minimum of $1.50) convenience fee for credit card transactions.
Renewals may be done in person by the owner’s family members. No permission form is needed.
Didn't receive your renewal notice and need an estimate? No problem - simply click here and follow the prompts for estimates.
First Time Registration of a New or “New to You” Vehicle
Registration of vehicles purchased through private sale or from a non-NH dealer must be done in person by all owners listed on the title/bill of sale.
An owner’s family member may register a new vehicle if a NH lienholder or a NH dealer has supplied a NH State form called a Certificate of Title Application(CTA). Family members must have permission from the primary owner listed on the CTA. The state requires the use of the Permission to Register Vehicle Form which must be fully completed by the vehicle owner and specify the type of plate to be issued. (The requirement for a CTA and permission also applies to family members doing transfers as listed below.)
To transfer a plate to another vehicle:
- The primary owner of the old vehicle and the primary owner of the new vehicle must be the same.
- You must have the original current registration for the vehicle you are taking off the road. Copies will not be accepted. This gets surrendered at the time of the transfer.
- You must have the proper proof of ownership (a title or CTA) for the new vehicle.
All online EB2GOV transactions are subject to additional fees, including a transaction fee of $1.50/item and an online convenience fee of 2.99% (minimum $1.50) for credit/debit transactions or $1.50 for ACH transactions. These fees are collected directly by our 3rd party vendor and cannot be refunded.