Elections & Voting

Dianna Charron

Chair, Supervisors of the Checklist

(603) 887-2172

Filing for Candidacy - June 3-12, 2020

  • State Representative - Republican or Democratic primaries (District 4- Auburn, Chester, Sandown)
  • Delegate to the Republican State Convention

* Due to COVID-19 crisis, Declarations of Candidacy & the Statement of Financial Interests forms can be found on the Secretary of State's website (sos.nh.gov) for candidates to download and mail to our office with the required fee. No filings will be accepted prior to June 3rd and no later than June 11th through the mail. We will be open on June 12th to accept filings in person through the exterior access window from 3-5 pm.

Change Party Affiliation

On May 13, 2020, Governor Sununu issued Executive Order #43 which allows for voters who seek to change their party affiliation to do so by an application created by the Secretary of State's Office. This application will require an applicant's signature to be witnessed. These completed applications must be mailed to the Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office or dropped off in the black drop box outside Town Hall's front doors by 5:00 PM on June 2, 2020. Applications can not be accepted by fax or by email; all forms must be mailed or dropped off.  The Supervisor's of the Checklist will have a session on June 2, 2020 at 7:00 PM using the Town Clerk's external window. Click here for a copy of the form.

Voter Registration

You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours up to 10 days before any election. Bring your driver’s license or state issued identification card and one of the following: birth certificate, passport, or naturalization papers. Get answers to your questions about voting in New Hampshire and how to request an absentee ballot here.

Uniformed Service Members, Their Families, and Citizens Residing Outside of the United States

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act is commonly referred to as UOCAVA. UOCAVA citizens are U.S. citizens who are active members of the Uniformed Services, the Merchant Marine, and the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, their eligible family members and U.S. citizens residing outside the United States. This Act provides the legal basis for these citizens’ absentee voting requirements for federal offices. Register to vote, request an absentee ballot, and update your contact information using the Federal Post Card Application. Please visit www.fvap.gov for more information.

One4All – Accessible Voting in NH

One4All is an accessible voting machine develop by the State of NH that allows voters who are blind or visually impaired, or who find it difficult to complete a paper ballot to vote independently.  It consists of a tablet and auditory prompts that allow you to vote the ballot. The NH Association for the Blind has produced a video about how the system works.